WHAT IS SEWER ODOR DETECTION / SMOKE TESTING?
Smoke testing involves forcing smoke-filled air, under pressure, through a sewer line or drainage system. Smoke testing is the most efficient and cost effective way to locate and identify infiltration and ex-filtration problems in a drainage system. Smoke testing helps identify plumbing leaks in buildings, causing unpleasant sewer gases to escape. Sewer gases can also cause health problems for building occupants.
HOW DOES SMOKE TESTING WORK?
Smoke is introduced into the drainage system with the aid of an air blower. The smoke under pressure will fill the sewer, drain, vent pipes, and any connections; then follow the path of the leak, revealing the source of the problem instantaneously. Only enough force to overcome atmospheric pressure is required and will not cause any damage to your pipes. Smoke will escape from the system at any point where there is an opening or break in the line.
The smoke used is non-toxic, harmless, non-flammable, and is virtually odorless. As long as an opening exists for the smoke to flow through, smoke tests are effective, regardless of surface type, soil type and depth of lines.
HOW CAN I SAVE MONEY?
Smoke testing reveals the true source of a sewer odor leak. Conducting a smoke test eliminates paying a technician for hours of “guesswork”. Without a smoke test, you can repair multiple seals or pipes overlooking the true source of the problem.
Action Plumbing is here to answer your questions! Contact us today to schedule your commercial plumbing service or discuss which service will best fit your needs. There’s no job too big or too small for us to handle. We are available to take your call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Cherry Hill Sewer Odor Protection
- Delran Sewer Odor Protection
- Deptford Sewer Odor Protection
- Mt. Laurel Sewer Odor Protection
- New Brunswick Sewer Odor Protection
- Philadelphia Sewer Odor Protection
- Princeton Sewer Odor Protection
- Westmont Sewer Odor Protection
- Voorhees Sewer Odor Protection
- Cinnaminson Sewer Odor Protection
- Moorestown Sewer Odor Protection
- Swedesboro Sewer Odor Protection
- Collingswood Sewer Odor Protection
- King of Prussia Sewer Odor Protection
- Marlton Sewer Odor Protection