Now that the flowers are finally blooming, it’s time to get into Spring cleaning mode. This includes making sure your home or business’s plumbing system is order, and Action Plumbing has great advice to keep everything running smoothly. Here are a few Spring plumbing tips to consider:
- Investigate your gutters to make sure they are clear of debris and check for bird nests that may have popped up in recent weeks.
- Clear drains and downspouts of any dead leaves that me be left over from the fall.
- Check all pipes to make sure there isn’t any damage from freezing.
- Be sure to replace any pipes that do have cracks before running the water for the first time.
- Check all faucets and pipes in your kitchen a bathrooms for leaks and repair as needed.
- Add a few drips of food coloring to the tank of your toilet to help find hidden leaks. If the coloring appears in the toilet bowl with 30 seconds, it’s an indication you may have a problem.
- Unscrew your shower head and soak it in vinegar to clean away mineral deposits. Gently scrub with a toothbrush and soak over night if necessary.
- Check the water valves located near sinks and toilets to make sure they are operable and in good working order.
- If you’re currently using a sump pump, you can make sure it’s working correctly by pouring a bit of water into the pit. Wait until the pump turns on and discharges the water.
- Inspect exposed pipes located anywhere in your home and repair leaks as necessary.
- If you commonly experience issues with back ups, install a backflow valve in the floor drain to prevent future problems.
If you have questions about Spring plumbing tips or need assistance in any way, contact one of our expert plumbing professionals to find out more about how Action Plumbing can help.