Although a flood may be more common during certain times of year, a disaster can strike at any time. This is why it’s important to be prepared, no matter if it’s flood season or not.
A common mistake made by many property owners is that they neglect to inspect their sump pumps, which can often result in failure. As an important component in your business, a sump pump should prevent rainwater or groundwater from flooding your basement. However, if your sump isn’t working properly you can end up with a costly disaster that could easily have been prevented.
As with many other items in your business, a sump pump should be maintained regularly to ensure it is working as efficiently as possible. Here are some helpful tips make sure you you’re not neglecting sump pump.
Be sure to clean your sump pump on a monthly basis if it disposes water from a washing machine. If it doesn’t handle water from a washing machine it should be cleaned quarterly at the last.
Hire a professional to inspect your sump pump yearly. A few things they should be looking into include:
- Making sure the pit is large enough for the sump pump to function efficiently
- If your sump pump has an alarm, make sure that it’s being tested
- Ask your plumber if there is a check valve on the discharge pipe to stop water from flowing back in after it’s pumped out
- Find out if you have backup power for your sump pump in the event of a power outage. Not doing so could result in serious consequences.
- Check to see if the discharge location is an adequate distance from your home so your disposed water doesn’t flow onto other people’s property
Action Plumbing has professionals available to perform your Westmont Sump Pump inspection and we’re ready to answer any questions you may have. We also have the certifications needed to work on commercial projects as well and the experience you can trust to make sure you sump pump is running efficiently.
For more information about our Westmont sump pump inspection services, contact us today. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.